Welcome to BWAC
Broadband Wireless Access and Applications Center (BWAC) is a multi-university NSF Industry/University Cooperative Research Center (IUCRC), led by the University of Arizona in partnership with Virginia Tech, University of Mississippi, Catholic University of America, and North Carolina State University. Along with NSF support, BWAC is funded by 20+ affiliate members from industry and DoD labs.
BWAC aims at advancing wireless technologies and providing cost-effective and practical solutions for next-generation (5G & beyond) wireless systems, millimeter-wave communications, wireless cybersecurity, shared-spectrum access systems, full-duplex transmissions, massive MIMO techniques, and others.
The mission of BWAC is to collaborate with industry research partners to create flexible, efficient, and secure wireless networks that satisfy broadband communication needs in businesses, in the home, and in the lives of individuals.
- Address issues of spectrum through novel broadband technologies
- Work with industry and academic partners to pursue large-scale research programs and create new visions for the wireless industry
BWAC Renewed 5 More Years
NSF has made awards to the University of Arizona, Virginia Tech, University of Mississippi, and the Catholic University of America, renewing BWAC for another five years.
BWAC Phase-II officially started on Oct. 1, 2018. It continues to be led by the University of Arizona under the directorship of Professor Marwan Krunz.
Upcoming BWAC Fall 2019 Meeting
The Fall 2019 BWAC IAB Meeting will take place on the campus of North Carolina State University, November 21-22, 2019 (with a reception in the evening of Nov. 20).
Registration: Click here to register for the meeting.
Agenda: Click here to see the meeting agenda.
Flight: Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU).
On-campus Hotel 1:
Hotel name: The ALOFT Raleigh
Address: 2100 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
Group rate: Click here to book the hotel at a discounted group rate of $163 per night.
On-campus Hotel 2:
Hotel name: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University
Address: 1707 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, North Carolina 27605
Group rate: Click here to book the hotel at a discounted group rate of $154 per night.
On-campus Hotel 3:
Hotel name: The Stateview Hotel, Autograph Collection
Address: 2451 Alumni Drive, Raleigh, North Carolina 27606
Group rate: Click here to book the hotel at a discounted group rate of $174 per night.
- Centennial Campus (Engineering Buildings)
Meeting Location: The meeting will take place at Talley Student Union on the campus of North Carolina State University. Address: 2610 Cates Ave, Raleigh, NC 27606. Please see the instructions and maps below.
- If walking from The ALOFT Hotel:
- If driving, visitor parking is available for a fee and can be reached:
- From Western Blvd and Morrill Dr, take Morrill Dr north and turn right at Cates Ave. The Coliseum Parking Deck will be to the left.
- From Western Blvd and Pullen Rd, take Pullen Rd north and turn left at Dunn Ave. The Coliseum Parking Deck will be to the left.
- From Hillsborough St and Dan Allen Dr, take Dan Allen Dr south. The Dan Allen Drive Parking Deck will be on the left.
- If using public transportation (fare-free), Talley Student Union is situated near the following bus stops at:
- Morrill Dr at Cates Ave
- Morrill Dr at Carmichael Gym
- Reynolds Coliseum
- Dunn Ave at Jeter Dr (Coliseum Parking Deck)
Meeting and Dinner Locations at Talley Student Union (TSU):
- Day 1 - Evening Reception (Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2019):
- 6:00 PM - 8 PM: TSU, BR-Currituck Ballroom (far right)
- Day 2 (Thursday, Nov. 21, 2019):
- 8 AM - 7:30 PM: TSU, BR-Coastal Ballroom
- 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM: TSU, 3285
- Day 3 (Friday, Nov. 22, 2019):
- 8:30 AM - 2:00 PM: TSU, 4140-Governance Chamber
- Talley Student Union - Room 3285:
- Talley Student Union - Room 4140: