Welcome to BWAC
BWAC Renewed 5 More Years
NSF has made awards to the University of Arizona, Virginia Tech, University of Notre Dame, University of Mississippi, and Catholic University of America, renewing BWAC for another five years.
BWAC Phase-II effectively starts on Oct 1st, 2018 and will be lead by the University of Arizona under the directorship of Professor Marwan Krunz.
Upcoming BWAC Fall Meeting: Join us for the Fall 2018 BWAC Semi-Annual Meeting at the University of Arizona, Tucson, November 8-9, 2018.
Registration: Click here to register for the meeting.
Agenda: Click here for the tentative agenda.
Meeting Location: The meeting will take place in the Kachina Room, Student Union. Please see map below.
Hotel Reservation: We reserved several blocks of rooms at three hotels. The Marriott and Aloft hotels are within walking distance from campus. Homewood Suites is a 10-minute drive from campus, but the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to campus. To receive the group rate, click on the appropriate link below:
- Marriott Tucson University Park (located at 880 East 2nd St., Tucson, AZ 85719, minutes from the Student Union): Group rate is $155/night plus tax. Click here for reservation.
- Aloft Tucson University (1900 East Speedway Boulevard. Tucson, AZ 85719, 15-minute walk from the Student Union): Group rate is $129/night plus tax. Click here for reservation.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton (located at 4250 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, Arizona, 85718): Group rate is $139/night plus tax. Click here for reservation.
Please make your reservation soon. The above rates are available for a limited time only.
BWAC Overview: Broadband Wireless Access and Applications Center (BWAC) is a multi-university NSF Industry/University Cooperative Research Center (IUCRC), led by the University of Arizona in partnership with Virginia Tech, University of Notre Dame, University of Mississippi, and Catholic University of America. Along with NSF support, BWAC is funded by 20+ affiliate members from industry and DoD labs.
BWAC aims at advancing wireless technologies and providing cost-effective and practical solutions for next-generation (5G & beyond) wireless systems, millimeter-wave communications, wireless cybersecurity, shared-spectrum access systems, full-duplex transmissions, massive MIMO techniques, and others.
The mission of BWAC is to collaborate with industry research partners to create flexible, efficient, and secure wireless networks that satisfy broadband communication needs in businesses, in the home, and in the lives of individuals.
- Address issues of spectrum through novel broadband technologies
- Work with industry and academic partners to pursue large-scale research programs and create new visions for the wireless industry
News & Events
Join us for the Fall 2018 BWAC Semi-Annual IAB Meeting at the University of Arizona, November 8-9, 2018. Click here to register for the meeting. Details of the agenda will be posted soon.